Saturday, February 18, 2012

Thin Mints

I wanted to make some cookies today

And I had this recipe that I've been wanting to try for a long time.

Homemade "Thin Mints"!

You know, like the Girl Scout cookies?


This recipe is not a quick recipe.

Especially if you are me...

These took me over 2 hours to make.

So basically, make sure you have plenty of time when you make these.


They're not quite as sweet as real Thin Mints, but I like them this way.

Also, they weren't quite as light/crispy, possibly cuz I used 1/2 whole wheat flour.

Still, they were a delicious and healthier alternative to the famed Girl Scout cookies!


Here's how I made them:



Step 1:

Mix up the dough.

Form into flattened circle 3/4 inch thick and put in a baggy in the freezer to chill for 20 minutes.




Roll out the dough to the thickness of thin mints, and cut out with cookie cutter.




Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack if you have one.




While cookies are baking, melt chocolate in double boiler
(or if you're me, the MICROWAVE :)

Once cookies are completely cooled, coat cookies in chocolate and lift gently onto cookie tray with a fork.




Put the cookies in the freezer for 20 minutes, and vuala!
You're thin mint cookies are finished.




The recipe I used only made like 2 or 3 dozen.
Next time I make these, I think I'm gonna double the recipe to make my time more worth it.




So there you have it

Thin mint cookies!




Es todo por hoy-

Nos vemos!

~Isabel



5 comments:

  1. Those look amazing Jenny!
    We were at walmart today, and before we went in, there were girl scouts selling cookies! We were going to buy some on the way out, but by the time we were checked out they had already left. :(

    You should send me some!!! :D
    ....just throwing it out there... :)

    Looks like they turned out pretty similar to the real thing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that stinks! :/

    Yeah I would send them but I think they would melt.. maybe we can make some when you come back on break? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we just bought some girl scout cookies, thin mints! lol although homemade looks and sounds a lot better :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look sooooooo good! I should try making some! YUM XD

      Delete
  4. Oh yummy! Girl scout cookies are soo good, that's why i tried making them :)

    ReplyDelete

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!