Monday, February 20, 2012

Bread Making

Today was fun.


I made bread :)


Bread making is really awesome, but also time consuming.

It took a long time today cuz I was making other stuff at the same time.

But it's really worth the time for delicious, made-from-scratch bread.

The recipe we use makes 5 loaves but I used part of the dough for cinnamon rolls :)

So, for those of you who haven't made bread before, you're probably wondering:

"How do you make bread?"

Well, wonder no longer!

I'm here to show you!

:D




Step 1:
Assuming that you've already harvested the grain... ;)

Measure out the ammount of wheat your recipe calls for.
In my case, it was 16 cups.





Step 2:

Rev up the grinder and grind your grain!

This will take several minutes... 


Freshly ground flour (below):



Step 3:

Measure all ingredients but the flour into a bowl.

Mix, gradually adding flour till the dough pulls away cleanly from the sides of the bowl.

Then knead (or let your bread mixer machine knead) the dough for for 5 minutes.
  



Remove dough from bowl.




Step 4:

Divide dough into 5 pieces.
(Optional: set one of these pieces aside for cinnamon rolls.)

Shape dough into loaves and place in bread pans.

Let rise till loaves have doubled in size.

Then put them in the oven for the length of time your recipe calls for.



 
Step 5:

Meanwhile

(if you set a chunk dough aside)

You can start making your cinnamon rolls.

Get out cinnamon, sugar and butter.
Melt butter.

I used oil instead of butter, due to family dairy allergies.





Step 6:

Roll out dough till it's very thin.

Pour melted butter (or oil) on dough and spread.

Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.

Roll up the dough as tightly as possible till its all one big long snake.


Cut the "snake" into 2-3inch pieces, depending on how big you want your rolls to be.



Cover rolls with wet towel and let rise while bread cooks.  



Put them in to bake when the bread is done.






Tah-dah!

Finished bread: 


Finished rolls.

(If you so desire, you can ice the rolls after they've cooled.)




So now you know how to make bread/cinnamon rolls! :)



I owe everything I know about bread making to my super fantabulously amazing MOM! :D

She's an expert bread maker.

Mom is so wonderful to teach me how to do all this stuff
And she's so patient- even when I mess up whole batches of bread and it turns out goopey like play-dough or hard as a rock
:P

Thanks mom- I love you!! <3




Buenas noches a todos!!!
~
Isabel

2 comments:

  1. LOVED this post! And I learned my thing for the week. I think I may make some bread now! and cinnamon rolls of course!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! :) I'm glad you like it ;D

    Yes, make some bread and cinnamon rolls! You shall be a master chef ;)

    Ohh that reminds me... I've been slacking off on my "learning things"... I need to do that this week! Any ideas of what I should learn?
    Keep me accountable, miss!

    Oh and are were ever gonna read Crazy Love?


    PLU/BBQ!
    ~Isa

    ReplyDelete

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!