Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pastel de Chocolate

Guess what I did today?

We had to make a dessert for this thingy...

So,

I made a multi-level chocolate cake from scratch with chocolate buttercream frosting!



Aaaand a mini-cake with the leftover batter and frosting!!


Yes, I do realize the smaller one is partially eaten.
Somebody had to try it!! :D



Anyways, it was quite the adventure.

I failed to line the pan with wax paper, so the cake stuck rather badly.

But thats how we learn, right?



Also the frosting was a little challenging..

*Adds milk:* Oops! Need more sugar.
*Adds sugar:* Ooops! Need more milk!!
*Adds milk:* Oops! Need more sugar.
Etc.



That was fun.

Time to finish cleaning up.

The annoying thing about cooking is all the dishes!



CIAO!

3 comments:

  1. I made a few cakes this week too! It looks so yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMM!!!!! That looks insanely good!!! I can't believe I didn't ge tto come over to taste it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I thought it turned out pretty good.
    The secret ingredient: coffee!! :D

    Maybe I'll have to make another one sometime and let you guys try it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!