Monday, January 16, 2012

Experimenting

Some people have told me that lately my blog seems to be focused on food.
But that is not entirely correct.
It has been centered on cooking.
Or baking.
Or smoothie-ing (sp?)
My style is sometimes known as “experimenting”.

Anyways.
I’m feeling a lot better, and with feeling better my appetite has returned!
And with my appetite comes a desire to cook and look up recipes again.

Today my mom made a fruit smoothie with kefir curds!
And it was sooo delish!
And to make it even healthier, I opened up a capsul of fish oil and added it.
In case you didn’t know, fish oil is really good for you.
Especially if you don’t eat fish.
Which I do.
I actually had salmon for dinner.
But anyways, back to the smoothie.
It was really good, and you couldn’t even taste the fish oil.
So I’m now resolved to add fish oil to all my smoothies.
Hehehe }:)
Just don’t tell my sister. She won’t eat smoothies if there’s anything “weird” in them.


Did I ever tell you guys about that one smoothie I made?
No, I don’t think I did…
Well, a few weeks back, I was in a particularly creative mood.
And I wanted to make “The world’s most healthy smoothie”
So I took some soaked sesame, flax and chia seed,
Added some carrots
And some soaked almonds
And some coconut milk
And some apple juice
And protein powder.

May I just say
I almost never refuse to finish eating something
But I did not finish that smoothie.
I tried adding ice
And plugging my nose
And dipping oreos in it…
But it was just too nasty.
So I wanted to warn others out there.
Don’t try putting those ingredients together
Cuz I tried it
And You don’t want to.
Nuf said.


So this week I want to try making a new dessert.
I’m just in one of those moods.
So I'm gonna go on some baking sites
and find some new dessert "experiments" :)
I'll inform you of the outcome.
When I get time.
And if it turns out.

Ok that was a long blog post.
The end.
:D

1 comment:

  1. lol That's great, Jenny ... =) heh I so know about creative-recipes-gone-unpalatable? ;)Good on ya for choosing fish oil!

    ReplyDelete

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!