Saturday, March 3, 2012

Snow&Solo&Ensemble&Babysitting!!

Don't you just love the snow?
It's mostly all melted now... but I so enjoyed watching the ginormous falling flakes yesterday!



Well, it's that time of year again!
Today was SEC (Solo and Ensemble Contest).

It was Caroline's first time playing for SEC. 

We did 2 songs as a duet.

The judge was really nice!

The judging is based on "your personal best"

They judge based on the ammount of time you've been playing and how many mistakes you make.

Superior= 1st, Excellent=2nd, and Good=3rd. 

We got an "Excellent", which is pretty good.

I'm so glad Caroline agreed to play with me!  

We played 2 songs.. "When I Survey" and "Eternal Father Strong to Save"

Em recorded us playing them!! Thanks Em!!! :)





I also enjoyed listening to other peoples Solo and Ensembles

And hearing the the other judges comments.

The woodwind judge gave some useful flute advice!


The symphonic clarinets did an Ensemble

"The Funeral March of a Marionette"

I found a performance of this song on youtube.

(Sorry the sound quality on this one isnt the greatest.. but you get the general idea.)





This is a really pretty song too (see below) 

I missed hearing Natalie play it because I was practicing for my ensemble :/

But I know she did amazing! :)

(Here's a version I found on youtube... Wow! This girl has a beautiful tone on her flute!!)



Solo and Ensemble is a great experience!


If you ever have the opportunity to participate, I highly reccommend it!



Hm lets see... what else?

Oh, babysitting!

We (my sis and I) babysat 4 boys and 2 girls tonight.

4 boys < age 10 in one house = one loud house.

Pillow fights... freeze tag... hide and seek... over and over.

And I wasn't allowed to sit on the couch while they played, cuz "It's only fun if YOU'RE it!"

After all the younger ones went to bed, the older girl looks at me and goes:

"I bet you're tired." 

*I flop down on the couch* "Yeah, I am."

Wow. I have a new appreciation for moms!

Really, I'm exhausted after 2 hours.  I don't know how they do it!

Praise the Lord for moms! :) I love my mummy <3 




The fun part about babysitting?
Good food!
Coffee ice cream, Pizza, Fresca, sweedish fish... :]
I really can't complain.
Plus, despite the kids' high energy level, they were all super adorable.
And while chasing them around, I got a workout! 
Which is good: I gotta burn off all those calories!! xP
Yay for babysittingggg!!

Buenoooooo! Tengo que acostarme porque tengo que levantarme por la manana para asistir iglesia!


Hasta luego!

~
Isa

1 comment:

  1. Babysitting is incredibly tiring-ly fun! =) Glad you had a good time. =)

    ReplyDelete

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!