Thursday, March 8, 2012

A happy Wednesday

Yesterday morning I was making a smoothie and Em was sitting on the couch...
As usual, we were talking about our favorite part of the winter/spring transition season... Chickens!

"We need to call and ask when the Chickens are getting in." I said, as I dumped some pinapple into the blender.

Em- "I'll call!"

Me- "Oh good! You should call now!"

*Em calls the store, while I listen in as best I can* :)

"They're in? Today???" Em asks the store clerk over the phone.

Me- "WHAT?!! Moooooooooooooom!!! They're in TODAY!!"

Em (still talking to store clerk): "12 of each breed left? Ok.."

Me- "THERES ONLY 12 of each kind left!!! One farmer who comes in to buy 50 and they'll all be gone!!!  We need to go now!!"

What followed was a mad dash to make sure we had a heating light and a plastic bin, me throwing the blender in the fridge, and all of us leaping into the car.

We drove straight to the store. (I would have liked mom to drive faster but we had to obey the stop lights and all that... ;)

Mom said: "If God wants us to get chicks, there will be chicks."

And guess what?

We pulled into the parking lot, and walked straight to the back of the store.

5 bins of little peepers!

There were plenty of chicks left :)

So Em and I picked out 5 pullets.

I dubbed my two chicks:

Arrow and Cinderella.

Arrow is a Silver laced wyandott and Cinderella (Cindi) is a Black star.

Em's 2 are:

Aubrey and Jillian.

Aubrey is a New hampshire red and Jillian (Jill) is an Auracana.


And last, but most certainly not least, is our "shared chicken".

Moosey Spamette.

She's a Rhode island red.


You may wonder how Moosey Spamette got her name.

Well, I shall explain.

We named her Moosey cuz she looks like a little red furry baby moose.

And we gave her the middle name Spamette in honor of THE one and only, Spam.
:)


So despite my worrying and impatience, we still got chicks!

This is what I've learned: If God wants you to have something, he will give it to you.

And if he doesn't want you to have it, you doooooon't want it!


We need to trust him.
:)




Volunteering yesterday was awesome.

Well, mostly.  A few of the patients were crabby.

But it's ok, my job is to do my best to smile and mabye cheer them up :)

Anyways, what was awesome was, after volunteering, I got a crash course tour of the hospital!

I now know how navigate to all parts of the hospital... I think.

We went to the 8th floor!

WOW.

The view up there is gorgeously breathtaking.

You can practically see the whole city!

Ok not quite.. but you can see really far.

And it was just getting dark out, so the lights from the buildings all around made a sparkley contrast against the darkening sky!

Xuiiteness!!!





Random subject change.

You know what?

I have discovered that I'm not a soprano.

At least, not yet... :)

I've always enjoyed singing, especially in a group.

But when I get to those high notes,  my voice usually cracks.

So alto was my part of choice.

It's low, and it's harmony, which means you get to exercise your music reading skills to learn the part.

I like the challenge.

But I've been thinking about it, and soprano is a challenge too!

Although you don't have to work at reading the notes, you do have to work to reach them!

I've always considered myself a born alto... but maybe I can expand my vocal range?

There are many many vocal exercises to assist in comfortably reaching those super high and low notes. Maybe I'll try some of those.

From what I've read though,

The bottom line = practice, practice, practice!

Laaaaaaaaa! :O

Lol x)






Happy belated Wednesday, everyone!

~
Isa

2 comments:

  1. i sing alto too in my church choir, it is such a chalange, but it is soo fun!!!!
    Em was telling us about her chicks, i wish we could have chicks, they are soo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!