Friday, April 20, 2012

Girls Day

Kefir experimentation update:Due to milk allergies, we haven't been using kefir very much.
Consequently, the kefir milk has gotten really old and gross and... yeah.
So, I decided to try something new.
Coconut milk kefir!!!
Let me just say: WOW!
Banana smoothie with coconut kefir is sooooooo delicious!!
Try it!!
Hopefully it will be easier to keep up with the curds now that we have a better way to use them.
If not, we'll just have to rinse, dry and freeze them.
Hopefully they won't die :P


Mooooooving right along.


Today was a girls day!

I spent my morning doing Spanish CLEP practice and a little food prep.

Mid morning, 5am came over to study and hang out x)

Have you ever put three girls with three different school subjects in a room together to study?
With "The Kraken" (pirates soundtrack) as background music?
The result is: LOL which stands for Lots Of Laughs xDDDDD
For the record: we did actually get stuff done ;)

After our diligent study session, mom took us out to run errands and go to the mall to do a little shopping!
[Side note: My mom is really amazing and she does so much for us! Thank you mom!! :)]
So we went to a few stores and found some adorable stuff.


And then
Per 5am's brilliant suggestion:
[Chinese fast food] for dinner!! ;D
I tried chow mien for the first time.
Soooooo yummy!!

Then we came home.

And then, FRISBEE!!!
Frisbee was cold, but really fun!
We played on the astro-turf, and by the end, my shoes were full of little rubber pieces.
The astro turf is really nice for running on though!
Yay for frisbee!!!!!!!!!!!


Tomorrow, I am hoping to make two trifles. I've never done this before and it looks a little more involved than I was hoping for on a busy Saturday like tomorrow.

However, we already bought the ingredients.
I hope there will be time to put the trifles together!
One will be chocolate and one strawberry.
They look really pretty in the pictures...
But can the pictures be duplicated?
We shall see........ }:)


You know what's amazing?
How fast this year has gone!
Yeah. The end of the school year is creeping up on me and I'm hardly aware of it.
It's scary actually!
All the classes, activities, events, and just life in general is so distracting from the school work that needs doing.
And all life's business is also distracting from the Lord!
As much as I love to be busy, sometimes, we just need quiet.
Psalm 46:10
"10 “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.” "

When there's so much commotion, it's easy to forget that God is GOD and that he is in control.
It's easy to forget to trust him completely when we're hardly stopping to breathe.
So while we need to get homework or whatever done,
We need to keep the Lord as our first priority!

God, please help us to keep you as our focus despite whatever we've got going on!



Ok, tomorrow is going to be busy so I better get ready.


Hasta luego!

~~
Isabel

4 comments:

  1. that was soooooooo much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was!! Nice post! And thank you mrs. Yetter!!!! We need to do that again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You finally tried Chow Mein?!?!? =D
    I'm glad you liked it!

    Sounds like you guys had an awesome day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yess it was amazing!! :) I don't know whether i like chow mein or fried rice better now.. xP

    Misss youuu!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    ~~
    ISA

    ReplyDelete

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!