Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hornear Es Vivr


or: Baking is living!
;)



I like to bake.

It's been interesting finding dairy free stuff.

There are a lot of dairy free food's out there, but many of them are processed, sugary junk.

For someone who's body is already having trouble digesting dairy due to allergies, replacing dairy with junk doesn't seem to be a good solution.

Then, when you find a product that isn't junk, it often turns out tasting blehhh!

We're finding that the best dairy free foods are the ones you make yourself! :D




So this week I tried 2 recipes!


First, dairy free Peanut Butter cookies!

Ok, I admit these really weren't as healthy as they should have been.
We ran out of whole wheat flour so I used normal. And they had quite a bit of sugar.
Still, they were far better than store bought cookies cuz we knew what we put in them!



Mixing the peanut butter.



Mixing the dough.
  


My handy-dandy taste tester person :)



Baking!



Finished product.





 Second, Chicken Fajita Pizza!

I love pizza, and this recipe was awesome cuz it was dairy free!

The crust was made with whole grain, and the topping is just peppers, tomatoes, chicken, mushrooms, onions and spices!


 Very yummy- I hope to make it again this summer when we have fresh tomatoes and peppers!







Well, I gotta finish cleaning up.

Buenas Noches!


~
Isabel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!