Saturday, April 14, 2012

Demo, Chicks, Horn, Weather and Stuff.

Yesterday I gave my last 4h demonstration! This is bittersweet for me... more bitter than sweet because I really like public speaking! But it's sweet because I'm moving to a different stage of life! Aaaand, because I had 2 super fantabulous helpers for my speech! [3m, 5am]
My demonstration was about "Vetrap" (a stretchy, waterproof bandage for wrapping the dressing on a wound). It ended up sounding more like an advertisement than a demo because there really wasn't much information online about Vetrap except on websites that were selling it. Lol
For my demo, we decided to demonstrate how to use Vetrap by wrapping 5am's dog's leg x)

5am and 3m practicing wrapping Tabby.

The only dilemma was, we weren't sure how the church would feel about having a dog in the church...
Here's what's cool: during the meeting, a fire alarm went off so we all had to go outside. While we were outside, I realized "Hey, I can give my demo now and that way the dog won't have to come inside!"
So we got everyone in a circle and did the demo right there! God's timing is perfect! :)



Random subject change:

The chickies have grown!!
Aren't they so cute? All perched in a row :)
They were actually cold in this picture
It's been a cold April for the chicks! (and the garden!)

First we had a warm winter, now a chilly spring- what weather!





Funny story: 2 weeks ago I was playing horn for church.
It was my first time playing a prelude by myself on horn and, as you can imagine, I was a little nervous. So in between hymns, I was nervously pushing all the keys.
Well, I wasn't paying attention, and suddenly: "POP!", one of the strings on the key snapped!
So for the next hymn, I couldn't play F, Bflat or D! Lol
During the service, I was frantically looking for some way to temporarily fix the snapped string.
PTL- my sis had dental floss! So I was able to restring my horn with floss and play on the last hymn!
I will now be more gingerly with my horn.
Moral of the story: Nervous jitters? Don't fidget, just sit still :)





Alrighty I gotta go now.

Have a lovely weekend!
~~
Isabel

2 comments:

  1. I watched you 'break' your horn :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That demo was sooo much fun! Thanks for letting me help in your last demo!

    ReplyDelete

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!