Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Young Messiah (Every Valley)

Possibly my most favorite Christmas music, is Handel's Messiah.

These songs are amazing... the words are scripture put to music!!
What better way is there to celebrate Christ's birth than to sing the words proficied about him in Isaiah?

These songs totally put me in the Christmas mood! :)



I know, some of you are saying: "Ugh handel's messiah! Isn't that like... boring opera music?"

Well, allow me to introduce you to: "The Young Messiah"


These re-arranged songs from the messiah are a 1980's music group's attempt to introduce the younger generation to Handel's messiah.

I personally think they're kinda fun.

Here's one of my favorite songs, Every Valley, from "The Young Messiah".





Isaiah 40:4 "Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain"

2 comments:

  1. Haha, we used to go to Moody every year (when my sister was a student in the choir) to listen to their performance of Messiah. The memories have endeared the oratorio to me, and I absolutely love the rich Scripture in every line! I listened to the whole performance from a CD while I was making cookies yesterday... and decorating the tree. Totally got me in the Christmas spirit, and the Christ-exalting spirit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thats so fun!! I've always wanted to hear the Messiah sung live! Or sing IN it! :)
    Yay for Handels Messiah!

    ReplyDelete

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!