Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I'll be home for Christmas

Another Christmas song that I love!

I'll be home for Christmas

Lyrics:
"I'm dreaming tonight
Of a place I love
Even more than I usually do.
And although I know
It's a long road back
I promise you

I'll be home for Christmas.
You can count on me.
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents under the tree.
Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love-light gleams.
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams..."





Listening to this song reminded me of our troop overseas.

Way over there, far across the ocean.

In the middle of a desolate desert.


As Christmas gets closer, they look at the calendar, and think of their family back home...
Wrapping presents.
Baking cookies.
Decorating the Christmas tree.
Singing Christmas Carols.
Making snow angels as the first flakes of snow fall from the sky.


Yet our troops are out there...alone... defending our freedom to do all those things we love!
The freedom to go places, like shopping for Christmas presents.
The freedom to worship, and sing Christmas carols!
The freedom to speak, and share about the good news of Jesus' birth, death and Resurrection.
And many many other freedoms...


Thank you guys!!!!

We love you guys, we're praying for you!
Come home safely very soon!



It's a lonely, depressing and dangerous place over there.
The troops need our prayers and letters of encouragement!

Don't stop praying for our troops!

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree. We need them home, NOW! Keep praying and letting everyone know of their sacrifice. I just can't cover this subject enough. They get NO recognition or appreciation. They are forgotten by the majority, so when those who do care try to do something, we get booed out of the house! Time for a change on this!

    ReplyDelete

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!