Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Milk, Milk MILK! I want to wash my hands, my face and hair with Milk!


Some of us have been avoiding dairy.
And I’m getting frustrated with all the grocery stores.
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO PUT MILK IN EVERYTHING?!?!??!?!
Our pantry has changed a bit.
Coconut milk, for smoothies
Soy milk, for baking
Rice milk, for whatever.
We still have normal milk, but we aren’t using it for everything.
At this very moment, there are 5 different types of “Milk” in our kitchen fridge!
We’ve been experimenting with dairy product substitutes too.
Soy Nog, Instead of Eggnog.
“Rice cream”-tastes like ‘cool whip’ but has an ice cream color and texture. It’s not half bad :)
Anyways, I am a total dairy addict.
I can give up fat, carbs, and sugar (to an extent),
But DAIRY!
Stand between me and dairy
And you’re in trouble!!!
So it’s been trying as we make stuff without milk.
But it hasn’t stopped me from enjoying milk ;)
As we speak, I am listening the warm fire crackle and enjoying a slice of apple pie (w/soy milk in the crust), American cheese:), rice cream, and eggnog, REAL EGGNOGGG!! :DDD
Ok I think I’ve bored you all enough with this post about food.
This has been your  nutrition talk for the week!
Eat healthfully
And DRINK MILK x)
Ciao!!!



10 comments:

  1. Just so long as the milk isn't skim. ugh! that happens to be what we drink cause it is cheaper, but the stuff you hear about it makes you sick.

    And eggs really aren't dairy, nor should you try to avoid them. Eggs are the greatest breakfast food, and they are not bad for lunch or dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol acutally, it is skim. we also sometimes buy 1%, but we drink skim cuz its fat free.
    Well, eggnog has milk, so we're using soynog. but we're still putting eggs in stuff for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know about the skim milk right?
    Is your eggnog homemade? That sounds cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um.. what is there to know? lol
    Nope, it's Oberweis eggnog! :D sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't had a chance to try theirs.
    Skim milk. During the processing they take just about everything good out of it. When that is done it does not look like milk, it is more like water. Then they have to add some sort of dye to make it white again. I nearly gagged the first time I heard this, and I nearly gag when I realize I still drink it. I would totally rather drink whole milk, but it is so much more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ew thats gross.
    Unfortunately, whole milk has fat which isnt helpful in avoiding heart attackes, etc. So we don't drink it.
    Maybe it's better to just drink water? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well yeah, that is a valid point. It makes you wonder what kind of gross person first decided to try milk from cows, goats, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not to start an argument, but that is a myth about whole milk.

    http://blogs.experiencelifemag.com/signs-of-life/2009/01/why-whole-milk-is-the-healthiest-choice.html

    http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/dairy_products/Skim_or_Whole.php

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, my family watched "White Christmas" the other day. I know understand the title of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha yes I watched it the other day too- that's why I made it my title :)
    Thanks for the links- I'll check them out.

    ReplyDelete

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!