Wednesday, December 14, 2011

When it Rains...

Isn’t it odd?
When it rains it pours.
You know how it is…
Lots of good things happen all in one day!
Or
One thing goes wrong…
And suddenly everything seems to be falling apart!
And what’s even curiouser
Is that it seems to pour
When you least expect it!
Everything seems to be going just splendidly
The sun is shining
Not a cloud in the sky…
Then out of nowhere-
WHOOSH!
The rain falls in sheets.
And I didn’t think to pack an umbrella.
Bummer.
The challenge is praising God
While you’re standing there
In the rain
Without an umbrella
Getting drenched.
Praising him for the rain.
And not asking “WHY did it have to rain today!!!”
But rather “WHAT do you want me to learn from this?”
And trusting God to take care of things.
Even if it looks like it’s going to end in a chaotic mess when the rain lets up.
Surrendering all worry to him
Because he cares for us!

3 comments:

  1. I think the lesson was, "Always take an umbrella."
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this kind of reminded my of "I Will Praise You in this Storm" by Casting Crowns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Allie: Yes!! I love that song! :)
    Although I wasn't thinking of it when I wrote this post, it fits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!