Friday, June 8, 2012

And it's FRIDAY!

Happy Friday, Friends/Followers! :D

Ok. After this week, I reeeally want a dog.
I've enjoyed taking walks with Captain, my silent companion... not talking, just walking and enjoying God's creation!
He's a funny dog.. he's really quiet, yet perky :)
Tonight was a gorgeous night for a walk.. calm, 76 degrees, and the sun was just going down.
And (@Samantha) I saw a firefly! Yay!

Today was the 2nd day of the conference.
It was really good!
The keynotes and workshops were all so encouraging!
And I appreciated that the focus off everything was: Make Christ center of your education- and your life!

It was fun: in the afternoon a friend and I got to meet Jill Duggar! She was very sweet; we enjoyed talking to her briefly.
I was very blessed by the Duggar girl's session (unfortunately I only made it to one of them..)
It was encouraging to listen to other Christian young ladies and hear what God is teaching them at this stage of their life. 

Overall the conference was a big blessing to me, and I'm it sure it was to many others as well.
Thank you, Lord Jesus, for the service of the speakers and the coordinators of this conference and they way you use us believers to encourage one another! Please give us the grace to stay humble and looking to you, and help us to keep you as the focus and center of our lives!

Tomorrow and Sunday is gonna be busy for sure.
Pray that we can stay calm and trust God with the details of the weekend!
Thanks!

~~
Isabel

4 comments:

  1. Stuck in a booth I can't get to many of the sessions, but I got to Dr. Guthrie's this afternoon. Really good. If you haven't heard him speak you need to find a you tube or mp3 download somewhere and listen to some of his messages.

    I heard the Duggars overwent their time slot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I heard Dr. Guthrie's keynote yesterday and also a session on Thursday. Both were really good!
    And yes, the Duggars had to split their workshop in 2 cuz they had so much to say. it was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. are y'all going to need help setting up tomorrow after church?

      Delete
    2. Sure, that would be great!
      You could come anywhere between 12:45 and 2:00. There's not a ton left to be done but any help would be greatly appreciated!

      Delete

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!