Sunday, February 2, 2014

Winter Shower

But not the weather sort of shower. 

Not snow or rain.

Nope. 

This was a wedding shower!

Weddings showers are such a joyous occasion!

Our family was delighted to help plan and prepare some of the food for a wedding shower for a friend!

Our goal for the shower was to cater to various dietary needs by making some of the food gluten free.

While browsing pinterest, I found the idea of chocolate covered pretzels.

I was pleased to discover that some stores carry these delicious gluten-free mini pretzels:


 

So we took vanilla candy coating (essentially white chocolate) along with a bit of food coloring 
And melted it down for pretzel coating!
 

 
 
We added a bit of fancy sugar for extra decoration/sparkle!

 
There you have it! 
 
White chocolate pretzels are delicious, and so simple to make!
 
I'd say they're a great edition to any party or special event! ;)
 
 
 
 
On to other things.
 
 
 
 
What a winter we've had!
 
Freezing temperatures. 
 
Lots of snow! 
 
And beautifully painted skys.
 
Isn't it amazing how God has not only designed all of creation in such detail, but also made it so beautiful??
 
I struck by the sky the day I took this picture, and how the snowey parkway looked almost like frozen lake:

 
 
 
 
And finally
 
God has so blessed me to give me such a sweet, skilled, diligent and generous sister!
 
She helped me to paint little white hearts on my nails
 
And bought us lunch the other day, including Sweet tea!!! :D
 
 
Love you, Sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
 
 
 
 
Happy February everybody!
 
Hope you are all staying warm- and take heart!- spring is on its way!
 
~~
ISA
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Those chocolate covered pretzels were soooooo good!
    And I like that the pretzels were "gluten-free"!!! =]

    ReplyDelete

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!