Sunday, February 16, 2014

What to Eat when You're Sick


Welcome to this weeks of edition of "What to Eat when You're Sick."

Yes, it's February- and it's still cold outside!

Winter has dragged on for what seems forever.

Flu and colds are abundant right now.

So I shouldn't be surprised that after being relatively healthy this winter, I finally caught something.


Everyone seems to have an opinion about what you should and shouldn't eat when you're sick.

I personally would say sugar and munchies would fall in the "Wont help you get better" category.  (Though I admittedly have a tendency to reach for this stuff, especially when my appetite isn't really there). 

While water, tea, fruits, veggies and meat/veggie broth fall in the "Good" category.

So here's what I ate yesterday afternoon:

  • Chai tea with honey
  • Apple
  • Cheese stick
  • Edamame crackers 
  
 
In addition to diet, I feel its important to get plenty of sleep and to not over exert yourself when you're fighting a cold/flu bug.
 
 
This has been "What to Eat when You're Sick" with Isabel.
 
 
What do you eat/do when you're sick?
 
Hablame!
 
Hope you are having a blessed Sunday.
 
~
 
ISA
 
 
 
"A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!