Saturday, September 22, 2012

How can you beet a smoothie like this one?!

I was sitting in a waiting room looking at a magazine, and came across a smoothie recipe.
"Berries & Beets".
It looked like a fun smoothie!  I took a picture of the recipe so I could try it at home! :)

I didn't end up totally following the recipe.  Substituted more frozen (rather than fresh) stuff, switched out raspberries for blackberries and agave nectar for honey, and added chia seed.  I also used canned beets instead of plain cooked beets.

Here's the list of ingredients I used:

Frozen blueberries
Frozen black berries
Canned beets
Non-fat plain greek yogurt
Honey
Orange juice
Chia seed

Blend and enjoy :)


*Note: you will taste the beets.  If you don't like beets, you might not like this smoothie.


~~
ISA

1 comment:

  1. Oooooo! =O I love beets...looks like a great recipe. =]

    ReplyDelete

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!