Friday, July 20, 2012

Oatmeal Smoothie

I had heard of these before, but didn't try making one till today!


1/4 cup dry, ground oatmeal
fruit juice
protein powder
1 small frozen banana
frozen strawberries
chia seed soaked in coconut water
milk

...and I think that's everything I used.

I blended the oatmeal&protein powder with a little juice first, and then added the other stuff and blended again.
It's SO GOOD!
You'd hardly know the oatmeal is in it!


This is where I got the recipe for it: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/strawberry-oatmeal-breakfast-smoothie/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=oatmeal%20smoothie&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page
Except I didn't really follow that recipe much cuz I wanted to use other ingredients instead.
But you can if you like! And LMK how your oatmeal smoothie turns out!


What I find so cool about this is that, normally, if you eat a smoothie for a meal, you're hungry again in a little while.
But oatmeal smoothies should (in theory) stick with you longer. 
Also, adding protein powder should add to the filling factor.


Hope you're enjoying your summer!

Keep cool and GO MAKE A SMOOTHIE! ;D


Sinceramente,
~~
ISA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!