Thursday, July 5, 2012

Milkshake Madness

I like ice cream.

It's as simple as that.

And on hot summer days like the ones we've been having, who isn't craving ice cream??
So many delicious flavors and combinations, which one is best???
Birthday cake?
Cookie dough?
Mint choco-chip?
Butter pecan?
Neopolitan?
Banana split?
Root beer float?
Or how about good 'ol vanilla?

Is your mouth watering yet? ;)

Well, I don't really have a favorite, I just like ice cream.  (^.^)

So today, I decided to try making my own version of this [Steak&Shake] milkshake:




I can be rather impulsive when it comes to cooking.
I should learn that it would help to plan before I start.
Oh well...


I first whipped up a hot fudge sauce on the stove.
Unfortunately, I overcooked it (or something?) and it turned into more of a crumbly brownie.


 Next I got out the vanilla "ice cream"...
Ice cream is in quotes cuz I actually used frozen yogurt. Less fat, same taste. Why not?



Dumped in the semi-frozen strawberries, milk, and "ice cream".


Blended.


Topped with "fudge".  Voila! 



So although this concoction is technically a "Chocolate covered Strawberry milkshake"
It should more rightly be called: Strawberry Smoothie with Brownie Pieces.

Still tasted great!!- just not what I was aiming for.   (>.<)

Maybe some restaurant will see my blog post, start selling these and make millions!
Any McDonalds smoothie developers out there????
Tehe.


Hope you are all enjoying your summer!

Keep cool!


Fielmente:

~~
ISA

1 comment:

  1. Ice cream, not so much; milkshakes and smoothies though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!