Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October Baking

Hi all,

How is everyone?

I'm ok, though not feeling terrifical, due to an oncoming cold.  But all things considered...

I'm thankful for each new day - for opportunities to learn, be humbled, and draw closer to the Lord! :)

Lately, I've been accepting this cool October weather as the perfect excuse to bake!

You've probably noticed the theme in my posts by now...

I like to bake.

Here are 3 recent recipes I've tried:

Sunday morning I made blueberry muffins.
(I believe this was the recipe I used).
Changed it up a bit by using whole wheat flour in them.
Also for the topping: melted the butter and added oats instead of flour.

The only negative about the muffins was... that I got them in the oven too late and was consequently 30 minutes late for church! :P

Still working on those time management skills.

Molasses cookies.

MMMMMMMMM!!!!

(recipe).

These are so good. 

If you've never made molasses cookies you really must try. 

It's like a ginger snap, only chewy!

There were originally a whole batch of them but now the above picture is all that remains. ;)


And last, but not least:

Peanut butter cookies!

You can find the recipe that I used here
The only changes I made were substituting margarine for the butter and rolling the balls of dough in sugar before pressing them with a fork and baking. 

These are delicious, though they tend toward the dry side.

Also: if you make your cookies small, know that this recipe makes a lot of cookies.  (roughly 6 dozen in my case).



Well, that's all for now.

Hope you're having a Terrifical Tuesday! ;)

Que le vaya bien!

~Isabel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!