Sunday, October 13, 2013

Crockpot Cooking Is Not My Forte

So today I made a discovery.

While in theory, the idea of tossing ingredients in a pot and leaving them to cook into a delicious meal sounds genius

In practice, crockpot cooking just isn't my specialty.


This morning I attempted made a chicken crockpot meal.

One piece of advice is: don't try cooking something for the first time for church potluck on a Sunday morning.

I put the chicken and sauce in the crockpot at the right hour and turned it on.

But then came the fatal error...

Putting the rice in too early.

It was microwave rice, and we don't have a microwave at church! 

There was nothing to do but put it in at 9 instead of 11.

But little did I know

That when I put that crockpot meal out at 11 o'clock for potluck lunch

My chicken and rice would become a sort of chunky, gross looking paste.

While the taste wasn't horrible,

The presentation was enough for anyone to think twice before serving themselves a helping.


So the moral of the story:

While all those crockpot recipes look easy-peasy

Crockpot cooking takes skill and these skills take time and practice to cultivate!


Hope you've had a refreshing Sunday-

May we all be relying on God for his strength and joy to serve him throughout the coming week!

Psalm 28:7
" The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
    and with my song I praise him."

~
ISA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!