Thursday, November 17, 2011

Linus and Lucy




It's a popular Christmas song.

Why it's classified as a Christmas song, I'm not exactly sure.
I mean besides the fact that its from the movie "A Charlie Brown Christmas"...Lol

This song happens to by one of my dad's favorites.

I think it's because he grew up watching Charlie Brown from a young age.

Even though I haven't really watched much Charlie Brown,

This song is special to me too!


Our family has a Christmas-time tradition.

In December, when everyone has their Christmas lights up, our family drives around our subdivision to see the Christmas lights!

We've done this since I was very young.


My dad made it extra special by creating a game.

It was called "The Reindeer Game".

The rules were that as everyone looked at Christmas lights,

You look for "Reindeer" (White light-up deer yard decorations)



We would spend an evening driving around as a family, sometimes with my cousins too...

With all of us with our faces plastered to the window screaming
"REINDEER! REINDEER! I SAW IT FIRST!"


So one night, a few years ago, we came to a house with flashing reindeer.

This was unusual!

We stopped and for some reason, my dad decided to roll down his window.

Weren't we surprised when we heard music!

"Linus and Lucy" was playing to synchronized Christmas lights!

It was very similar to this house:




We were amazed and entertained by this spectacular display of lights!

Every year since, we've stopped by the "Charlie Brown House" as a part of our drive to look at christmas lights.



This is just one, of many fond memories I have of Christmas time.

In my opinion, Christmas really is the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Merry Christmas in advance! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love this song soo much! hahaha :P and thats so cool what they did to the lights, you guys should do that! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha if I were an elecrical engineer, I probably would rig up my lights to music.
    Howver, I'm just plain old Isabel ;)

    ReplyDelete

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!