Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Egmont

I recently heard this song for the first time. I love it so much! I can listen to it several times in a row without getting tired of it. 

"Egmont Overture"

It was first written by Beethoven in the year 1809, 2 years after he wrote his famous "Fifth Symphony".

It's moving and dramatic. 

According to wikipedia: "The subject of the music and dramatic narrative is the life and heroism of a 16th-century Flemish nobleman, the Count of Egmont... In the music for Egmont, Beethoven expressed his own political concerns through the exaltation of the heroic sacrifice of a man condemned to death for having taken a valiant stand against oppression."

Egmont Overture is a beautiful composition.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!