Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ultimate Frisbee

The following is a very old blog post from my friend Katie's blog. 
Totally reminds me of being 12...  wearing matching pink sweaters, passing notes at church, and playing frisbe as much as possible (though we were always frustrated and would threaten to quit playing :P)

haha.. yes, those were the good 'ol days. 
Love ya forever, Katie! ;)


Ultimate Frisbee
At church every Sunday, most of the kids like to play ultimate frisbee...it's kinda fun, but I think they should play something else for once LOL. I'm a little new to it, so I'm usually not one of the 1st ones picked. Well, at least I'm not invisible anymore. I'm usually like the 5th to last one picked.
Here's how it works:
1) After the service, gulp down your food and tell your friends to hurry up so you can be the first ones out to the frisbee field
2) Change into jeans and a t-shirt
3) Go out to the frisbee field and start playing a 'girls' game of ultimate with all your friends while you wait for everyone else to finish eating
4) When the "older boys" (not much older than me, but they act like they are) start picking teams, feel free to have a long conversation with your friends...it could be awhile
5) Listen carefully for your name to be called; it probably won't be that loud.
6) Try to keep track of which side you are headed for (it changes every time someone scores a goal)
7) Look available and confident so people will throw the frisbee to you, but don't say "here!" too loudly, because people don't throw to you that often
8) Don't let your opponent, who is blocking you, get less than an arm's length away from you.
9) Keep an eye on the frisbee. It's not a good sign when you don't know where it is...
10) The "more experienced" players probably will tell you to guard someone. For me, I CAN'T guard people. It rarely works, and you lose all your energy too quickly.
11) Pass the frisbee to anyone and everyone on your team.

2 comments:

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!