Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Coconut Chia Pudding

Today, I decided to put one of my Pinterest pins to good use! :)

I found the recipe for this healthy dessert on kitchenconfidante.com, though I omitted the sugar since our coconut milk was already sweetened.
And the idea of adding Mango was inspired by a separate pin.

Here's how I did it:




Coconut Chia Pudding

First, pour approx. 12oz of sweetened coconut milk in a glass and add 1/3 cup chia seeds.
Stir until well combined.
Place glass in fridge to chill.

Next, peel & cut 1 mango, and chill in fridge if desired.

Now wait 2-3 hours
(though I didn't wait quite that long)
for your chia seeds to expand.
Ta-dah!
Your pudding is finished!
Pour it into bowl(s), top with mango, and enjoy!
 
The finished product was delicious! 
It's like tapioca pudding, minus the dairy.
And the mango chunks added phenomenal flavor.  
 
 
 
 
 
G iordano's
And now, I'd like to give a plug for Chicago style deep dish pizza.
If you haven't had real deep dish pizza: you, my friend, are missing out.
The above pictured pizza was delicious.
G!ordano's stuffed cheese pizza.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
I personally helped with the consumption process. :) 
 
 


 
Alex
And lastly, here's a picture from a month or so back of
Alex, a Silver Laced Polish rooster.  
A docile but noisy rooster.
I guess you could say "His crow is bigger than his bite." ;)
 
 
Hope you're having a splendid summer!
 
Muy sinceramente,
 
~
ISA
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Ive been eating chia these last few days, so I want to try making that coconut chia pudding! Thanks for sharing that recipe. It looks delicious and nutritious.

    ReplyDelete

Muchisimas gracias por pasear por mi blog! Por favor, deja un comentario!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment!